|(Photo credit: Creatas Images)|
- Positive emotions open us and change our outlooks on our environments.
- People are more likely to step back and see the big picture and see the similarities along those lines.
- Positive emotions widen the scope of what people are scanning for in the environment.
- Positive emotions open our awareness they increase the expanse of our peripheral vision we see more.
- Are more creative, more likely to be resilient, and more trusting
- Perform better academically
- Make better decisions
To create a mindset of positivity, Barbara Fredrickson suggests leaders:
- Be open
- Be appreciative
- Be curious
- Be kind
- Be real
- How can inducing positive emotions enhance situation awareness?
- Read our "Feed Your Eagle" post from 2014.
- Join the 2017 Wildland Fire Leadership Challenge today.
- Download a copy of campaign reference guide.
- Facilitate sessions within your group/team/unit.
- Conduct a self-awareness check.