"Stress isn't working 15 hours at a job you like; stress is working 15 minutes in a job you dislike." ~ Kathleen Lane
When asked why we do what we do as wildland firefighters, many say, "I love what I do." Passion is an important driving force of success. If you don't love what you do, your heart won't be shown in your actions. Take a moment to watch Richard St. John's TED Ed video "The Power of Passion."
- Successful people love what they do.
- Passions can be for professions, people, products, or fields of work.
- Limit the stuff you don't like to no more than 20% of what you do.
- Passion can be mistaken for ambition.
- Passion can turn underachievers into superachievers.
- Explore many paths to find your passion.
- Do what you do for love, not money.
Share and discuss this video with your team.
- What are your passions? Are your passions found within your job?