|(Photo credit: The American Red Cross)|
The American Red Cross launched their "Wildfire" mobile application this week. Consider sharing this application with members of your community during your pre-season meetings.
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do before/during/after an wildfire, even without data connectivity.
- Get notified about current wildfires or wildfire-conducive weather.
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- See an illustrated history of wildfires in your area.