|(Chris Wilcox presenting award to Tony Doty)|
- "During his years as Fire Specialist Section Supervisor, he produced some of the best future leaders by offering them plenty of opportunities and challenging fire assignments that allowed them to grow and gain confidence in themselves."
- "He is very good at finding each firefighter's strengths and building on them."
- Wildland firefighter since 1979: hotshot, engines, helitack, Fire Suppression Specialist, Fire Training Coordinator, Fire Operations duty Officer, Fire Specialist Chief, and Fire Training Chief.
- Member of the Incident Management Organization Succession Planning Team.
- Member of the Advanced Incident Management and Area Command Steering Committee from 2003 to 2011.
- Participated in the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), and the US Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning System (IOTWS) Program conducting ICS and disaster management training to build response capacity in various countries of Asia.
- Member of the NWCG National Response Framework (NFR)/National Incident Management System (NIMS) Committee.
- Member of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) NIMS Incident Management Support Team (IMST).